Sunday, August 17, 2008

life boat day










On the 3rd of August I was asked to open the Port St Mary life boat day. It was great fun! I did a short speech to open the day then spent about an hour playing all the games like “get the hoop around the rubber duck” and the like. I felt like I was a kid again playing at the summer fair.
I was also one of the judges for the princess for the day, there was a surprising amount of pressure in that! (See picture of me and our very cute winner)




Later I got to go out on the life boat, there were about 4 boats out on the water and I was on the biggest one. There were speeding around coming very close to each other, we went around one corner so sharply I was leaning at about a 45 degree angle! It was great fun and we didn’t crash into anyone thankfully!

The day was very successful and the life boat society got tons of donations from it, I hope I helped in some small way because all the people there do a really good job all year round and always with a smile on their face.

No comments: